Friday, May 10, 2013

30 Things My Spouse and Kids Should Know About Me

I got this list from another mom blog, and thought the questions were wonderful! To do your own, scroll past my answers and copy the questions from below.



My Answers:
1. List 10 random facts about yourself.


  1. I enjoy documentaries more than TV shows
  2. I have a really hard time hearing song lyrics correctly - much to my family's amusement.
  3. A small part of me feels allergies are made up and people are just wimps. Not you of course, I know it's real for you.
  4. I would choose turkey over ham any day, but ham's okay I guess.
  5. I'm terrified of bees and wasps. Except bumblebees.
  6. My eyes water when I talk about really cute puppies or really tasty food. 
  7. I used to write "Trip to Australia" on every birthday and Christmas list as a kid. (I still want that by the way.)
  8. Poop, vomit, and drool don't phase me at all. Snot, however, can make me dry heave.
  9. I had imaginary friends as a kid- George, Megan, and Amy. George and Amy didn't talk to me much, and one day left my house to go to a [real] friend's house and never came back.
  10. I like showers more than baths.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears
  1. Bees - my dad's afraid of them too and I guess I just caught onto that growing up.
  2. Getting really fat - it's unhealthy and means I've been lazy for a long time.
  3. Never doing anything noteworthy - everyone wants to be remembered.
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
     Open, honest, no games. Funny and real.
4. List some things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
  1. If he makes you feel bad about yourself, he's not the one for you, and he won't change.
  2. Running is not that bad, and you won't die if you do it. In fact, if you do it more regularly, you'll learn to love it.
  3. Keep finding ways to compliment people, that's a really rare quality.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
  1. My daughters are both napping at the same time.
  2. Laundry is running (which means I was productive today!)
  3. My husband will be home in two hours.
  4. The sun is shining! Which is a lot here in Seattle
  5. I ate a healthy lunch.
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
  1. A tropical vacation
  2. For my baby to take a bottle or pacifier instead of my boob occasionally.
  3. A backyard and house.
7. What is your dream job, and why?
  1. Professional Puppy Petter. Because... puppies.
8. What are 5 passions you have?
  1. Arts and crafts! Very important for stress relief
  2. Breastfeeding is one of the subjects I get worked up about lately.
  3. Travelling and learning about different cultures, languages, accents, and foods.
  4. Eating and cooking healthy and organic
  5. Eating in general.
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
  1. No.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
     I'm actually at a loss on this one. I'm not easily embarrassed, and even when I am, it doesn't affect me long term because I forget things so quickly... I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm going with good.

11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.

  1. Someone using affect and effect improperly.
  2. Improper grammar in general (of course I have grace for non-native English learners)
  3. Tapping, clicking, squeaking, rattling, chirping in a car that I can't fix by hitting something.
  4. Saying "expresso" instead of "espresso"
  5. Going to sleep at XX:59.. I *have* to watch the clock change to the next hour if I notice.
  6. Tweeting a full conversation.
  7. Hair, eyelash, fuzz, or food etc. on someone's face or clothes. I cannot focus and must remove it. I don't care if you're the President - I will interrupt you to pick it off of you.
  8. Someone who purposefully says a 'w' sound instead of an 'r' to try and sound cute. Like "I'm sowwy..." UGH.
  9. Saying "7am in the morning."  ... You mean... as opposed to 7am in the evening?
  10. Really fat people. I mean like super ultra fat. That really bothers me. Is that okay to say? Whatever, it's my blog I can say what I want.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
     For the first time in my entire life, I actually have a "typical day" because kids require predictability (when will that end??). So... I get up at 7:30, feed and change baby, then put her in the swing while I start breakfast. I make 3 eggs (2 for me, one for toddler), toast, and coffee, then my toddler waddles out to the living room, we cuddle and watch her cartoons for a while. I put in a load of laundry and pick up the toys in the living room. By then the baby is awake and ready for a feed/change. Then we all get dressed and go outside (if it's nice). Then lunchtime, nap for the toddler, baby naps, I fiddle around on the computer, switch the laundry, look at the clock longingly for 4pm (when hubs gets home), start thinking about dinner, kids wake up, we pick up the toys again, I do the dishes. Then Neil gets home and I start cooking while the baby starts her evening grumpies. The toddler invents new ways to make messes around the apartment, I get annoyed and have to pause making dinner to clean up/feed/change baby. Dinner, clean up, movie or our TV shows, go for a walk together, come back home and for the third time clean up the toys in the living room, fold laundry and go to bed.

13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?

  1. Learning your weaknesses and overcoming them
  2. Dealing with heartache maturely and eloquently (avoidance often = substance abuse)
14. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have. 
Weaknesses: 
  1. Pushy
  2. Blunt
  3. Lazy
  4. Know-it-all
  5. Impulsive
Strengths:
  1. Bold leader
  2. Straightforward
  3. Loyal friend
  4. Love of education/information
  5. Creative
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one.
        We were driving down James hill in Kent, on our way to scare my sister Jessica in her apartment. She lived on the ground floor and so we were going to go stand at her back sliding door and just stare until she noticed. He was so giddy in the car on the way there, I don't know why but at that moment I realized I was in love and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. That was May 20th, 2006.

16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

  1. My 2 kids (pushing them out without drugs, not to mention how I've kept them alive since birth!)
  2. Graduating high school (11th grade biology screwed me up.)
  3. Learning Spanish
  4. Building the sidecar bed and bookshelves from pictures on the internet.
  5. In a year, I'll say "losing 70 pounds post-baby". I'm down 30 since delivery 2.5 mo ago!
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
      Self-motivation. 

18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
       My butt. Oh, serious answers? Umm... my smartypants responses.

19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
      Sore.

20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

  1. Taking bubble baths with my older sister, and styling our hair with the shampoo
  2. Playing 'school' and 'house' with my sisters
  3. Daddy-daughter date, seeing a movie and eating MREs for dinner.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
       I have two sets of parents; mom & stepdad, and dad & stepmom. My relationships with them is excellent. I grew up no more than 15 minutes from either set, and they taught me well how to express myself verbally and emotionally. 

22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

       I hope to have a house and a backyard. I don't care if I'm owning or renting. I hope to have taken my kids on some kick-ass vacations. I hope to have kept the weight off I've been working so hard on lately. And i hope to have no more kids (I think).

23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?

      I love Halloween actually. It's a chance to be super creative and funny and party with friends and eat candy! I also love Christmas. The atmosphere and family visits.

24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?

       Most favorite: Cuddles and providing outlets for joy and creativity!
       Least favorite: Tantrums and discipline.

25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?

       Adam & Eve. I would like to know what it was like to eat food/experience life as it was originally created to be eaten/enjoyed.

26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

       "Do what makes you happy." I would change that to "Do what makes you healthy." The pursuit of happiness seems to lead to selfishness, which I've concluded is the root of all bad things in the world (apart from natural disasters).

27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?

       My whole face. It's a nice face.

28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?

       His ability to keep it real. He doesn't play emotional games or allow loved ones to either. Keeps me grounded and less stressed.

29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?

       I feel like this is the same question as #22...

30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

  1. My generosity
  2. My raising of well-mannered, strong (physically and emotionally), intelligent, ambitious, and fun kids
  3. My interior decorating skills
  4. My cooking skills
  5. My hospitality for guests in my home
  6. My sense of helpfulness
  7. My singing voice
  8. My pretty-ness (I try hard, why not throw that in there)
  9. My artistic/creative abilities
  10. My love of fun
Want to play along? I’d love to read your lists! Link to your blog in the comments!

THE LIST:
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
14. Describe 5 and weaknesses strengths you have.
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how I fell in love.
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
24. What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about parenthood?
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What’s your favorite quality in your spouse?
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.

No comments:

Post a Comment