I'll be posting a pictorial (picture tutorial) of how I made the Batman one for my husband, since the guys sometimes see my blog and I don't want to reveal theirs.
- Remove sticker
- Place tape on glass
Make sure you fold both ends on itself, so it's easier to remove at the end.
- Tape on printed stencil
- Carve/trace design with Xacto knife
Start from the inside out, that way you don't have to re-tape the stencil on once you've cut it out accidentally. Not that I did that or anything...
- Remove paper stencil and its tape
Leaving the image traced into the tape below
- Peel off the "black" part of the taped area
This is a really tedious part. But be meticulous about points and mistakes because it will etch exactly where the edge of the tape is. Re-tape and re-trace bits if you mess up and cut too much.
- Sludge on the Armour Etch paste
Oooh yeah, smear it on there nice and thick-like.
- Wait 30 min (instructions say 5-10 but I like to wait longer just to make sure it's developed as much as possible)
- Rinse off using cold water and a crummy cloth
- Take the tape off if you're happy wth the etching coverage. If not, do another coat of A.E.
- Admire your handiwork.
- Fill with beer.